Gum Graft in Salem, OR
Say goodbye to gum recession
Experience the power of healthy gums
Do you have teeth that seem longer than usual or can you see the roots of your teeth? These may be signs of gum recession. At our Salem office, we offer gum grafting to cover exposed root surfaces and restore your gum line where tissue is missing. This procedure involves using donor tissue, tissue from the roof of your mouth, or healthy gum tissue.
To ensure the most comfortable and efficient treatment possible, at Healthy Smiles Family Dental we use state-of-the-art surgical microscopes and techniques during gum grafting surgery. This helps to minimize discomfort and shorten recovery time.
Am I a candidate for gum grafting?
There are a few signs that you may need gum grafting:
- Receding gums: If you notice that your gums have receded, leaving the roots of your teeth exposed, you may be a candidate for gum grafting. Gum recession can be caused by various factors, including periodontal disease, genetics, and aggressive tooth brushing and flossing.
- Sensitivity: Exposed roots can be more sensitive to hot and cold temperatures, as well as sweet and acidic foods. If you experience increased sensitivity in your teeth, it may be a symptom of gum recession, in which case you may need gum grafting.
- Tooth loss: Gum recession can lead to tooth loss, as the roots of the teeth become more vulnerable to decay and infection. If you are at risk of losing teeth due to gum recession, gum grafting may be recommended to help protect your teeth.
It’s important to consult with your dentist to determine if gum grafting is the right treatment option for you. They’ll be able to assess the severity of your gum recession and recommend the appropriate course of treatment.
Are you looking for a gum grafting expert in Salem? Our team is here to help.
What to expect from a gum graft
At our practice, our dental team is skilled in performing gum graft procedures, designed to improve the appearance and health of your gums.
- To ensure your comfort during the procedure, we offer local anesthesia and the option for sedation.
- During the procedure, a small piece of gum tissue is carefully taken from your mouth or a donor tissue and grafted onto the affected area.
- The tissue is then stitched into place.
The entire procedure usually takes about an hour and a half. After it’s complete, we’ll provide you with follow-up care instructions to help the grafted area heal properly. In about 2 weeks, you should be feeling normal.
Visit us at Healthy Smiles Family Dental, one of our dentists will assess your situation and recommend the best treatment for your gums. Don’t wait! – let us help you get your smile back as soon as possible.
Dentistry is teamwork
Let’s work together. At Healthy Smiles Family Dental, we are here to help you enjoy a beautiful, healthy smile.
Our Salem dentists are known for their commitment to:
- High-tech treatments
- Quality and affordable care
- Full-service dental care for patients of all ages
Our goal is for you to leave every appointment feeling excited about both the care you received and what the future holds for your smile.
“Everyone is SUPER kind and professional. I truly enjoy my visits. Thanks so much!!!”
and Financing Options
We can work with most insurance plans. If you don’t have dental insurance, we offer a variety of flexible payment options, including CareCredit.
Invest in your dental health and save!
We offer CareCredit and discount plans through Principal and Carrington. Our office can also arrange payment plans with automatic withdrawals from your bank account.
Whether you have dental insurance or not, we’ll help you get the care you need at a price you can afford.
Thank you for your service! We are proud to offer all veterans a 10% discount on all dental care and any products purchased at our office.
Become a patient at Healthy Smiles Family Dental
Have questions? Call (503) 315-2500. We hope to see you soon!